Saturday, July 7, 2012

Are you boxed in?

Today started out busy and crazy and it hasn't gotten any easier as the day wears on. I'm sure you also have days like this:  Just too much on your plate.

Humans have a way of getting into this sort of pickle. With the job market the way it is, what other choice do you have but to slog away at your tasks until they are done?  Along the way, you look up and there is the truth:  You are boxed in.

Let me tell you, from a cat's point of view (that would be Tiger Lily telling the inn cat's viewpoint), being boxed in is not a bad thing. Here's what she has to say on the subject:

A cat's eye view is very different.  I believe in setting boundaries. I set boundaries with the other cat in my life and I set boundaries with inn guests (oh, yes, when I appear to be sleeping and letting you pet me I'm setting boundaries!).

My advice:  Live you life in a quiet place you choose when living outside is just too hard. In fact, FIND a box and crawl in. Allow yourself to rest and renew in this safe place. Don't answer the phone. Don't raise an eyebrow. Now THAT is a cat's way of dealing with stress.

If you don't believe I do this in MY life, take a look at my rest period in the inn's kitchen corner yesterday. (Oh, that rustling you heard is not ghosts--just ME in the bag, in the box with extra liquor bottle bags moving around a bit. Hey, a girl has to make herself comfortable!)

Anyway, if you don't happen to have a spare liquor box in your size at home, consider a short visit to a B&B inn.  Bed and Breakfasts pride themselves in creating a safe, quiet, nurturing environment, ideal for when the rat race  has gotten the best of you.  You really don't need a special occasion for this. Any day or two will do. Give it a try!

I'm around when guests check out. I assure you that the people leaving out of here have left their cares somewhere as they really look rested when they go home. I call that "the magic of the box and bag." I hope you get some in your life soon.

~Your friend and master of all things relaxing, Tiger Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment